My Guest today is Jim McCarthy who co-founded TEDxBroadway, co-founded and is CEO at Goldstar Events and Stellar Tickets.
Our guest today, Jim McCarthy, started his career in the e-commerce business back in 1997, has almost 20 years experience in live events, has sold tens of millions of tickets to millions of people, co-founded TEDxBroadway, advises entrepreneurs, co-founded Goldstar Events and Stellar Tickets, and is the CEO of both companies. His current mission is to enable artists and organizations to create high quality online content — helping them find success in this new era where online events are transforming the entertainment landscape. He studied English at Harvard University and received an MBA at UCLA Anderson School of Management. Jim also has a black belt in Northern Eagle Claw Kung Fu.
What we’ll be discussing today:
- 5 powerful advantages of producing online entertainment events
- COVID-19 and the evolution of the live event industry
- The role of entrepreneurship in the midst of a crisis
- Virtual events vs physical events - is there a place for both within the entertainment industry?
- Bootstrapping your business for success
What is Jim working on at the moment?
How to get hold of Jim:
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcmccarthy/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/goldstar
Twitter - https://twitter.com/goldstar
Insta - https://www.instagram.com/goldstarevents/
Website - https://www.stellartickets.com/ & https://www.goldstar.com/